Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Drive In

Over labor day weekend Lana's BFF Natalie spent the night and Kent and I decided to take them to the Brazos Drive-in in granbury for their FIRST visit. They were excited to go and watch a movie outside!
Since got there about an hour early to get a good spot in line we had some down-time to kill. So I spread out a blanket on the grass and the girls and I played candyland, they loved playing candyland together.

After playing candyland for a little while we got back in the car to wait and the girls had fun sticking their heads out of the sunroof.
Once we got inside we got all of our "stuff" out. This included: snacks (see pic below) blankets, chairs, radio to hear the movie etc..)


Here are all the snacks we took with us to the movies. We got the girls glowsticks at the theater which they thought was neat.

We saw Toy Story 3 and Shrek 3 the girls enjoyed both movies. During Toy Story 3 they looked up and said "what is that" pointing to the little bugs glowing above them. I said "they are lightening bugs"and they said they are sooooo beautiful wish we could catch some.

Both girls fell asleep on the way home as it was already past midnight. Their 1st drive in was a huge success!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I STILL have not been out there to the drive in! I keep meaning to go.....it's that long drive back that keeps me from it, I think!

    ReplyDelete