Friday, September 17, 2010

Cake Pops!

My book that I ordered from Amazon came in a couple days ago. The book is called Cake Pops by Bakerella.
Of course, I had to read it cover to cover first and there were alot of great tips including that I could thin out my chocolate by using vegetable oil (a great tip, as my white chocolate for my cakeballs was too thick and I didn't know how to thin it, this worked great!).

2nd-I wanted to make some but which should I make first. I decided to make the pool party bears since I am going to Lana's friends pool birthday party this weekend to take with us. (Below is Bakerellas bears)

3rd Step-Off to the store for supplies. I had some supplies already I just needed to get the teddy grahams and gummy lifesavors. I baked the cake (white cake) part the night before since it has to have time to cool, then added the frosting (creamcheese) and put it in the fridge to chill overnight. I thought it would be fun to color the cake instead of leaving it white so it would look like water when bit into (and the person eating it will get a nice surprise).


4th & 5th Steps: Roll into balls and freeze for 15 minutes then mold into shape using small cookie cutter ( I forgot to take pictures of these steps)

6th Step: dipping them in chocolate and adding final details.

For my 1st attempt they turned out pretty cute (not as cute as Bakerellas but pretty cute: next time I know to thin my chocolate down a little more). As I was wrapping these I thought these would go cute with beach ball cake pops.


1 comment: