Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween tag swap

I have entered another Tag SWAP on YOUTUBE! I should be getting my tags back from my other tag swap within the next 2 weeks and I will blog about which ones I recieve. This time I entereed a HALLOWEEN TAG blog hosted by STAMPYRA on you tube. The theme was vintage halloween. I wasn't too sure about the vintage part until I found some cute halloween vintage style bottles at Michaels. I had to make 6 tags (7-for one for myself). Since the package didn't have 7 bottles all the same the tags vary a little bit in design.


Here are the supplies I used:










Michaels only had 1 sheet of this paper left. It was black with black gilltery swirls! I LOVED this paper and got the only sheet they had left, and I decided that SOMEHOW I had to make it work for all 7 tags.


These stickers and corner stickers are also from the recollections halloween set this year. On the tags I cut off the black corner part and just used the spider web as a sticker.



These are the journal tags from the recollections set.



I saw these adorable keys from the Martha Stewart line and decided I had to have them.



NOW I really love these stickers. Although when I picked them up I though they were brads because they looked so cool. It wasnt untill I got home and went to use them that I realized that they were atually stickers.



These are the VINTAGE medicine bottles I found that inspired the whole tag I created.



There were lots of fun little pieces in the package.

Now on to creating the tag:



First, I cut out my tags, black for the back then this bat design from the recollections paper pack for the front. To give it a momre vintage feel I distressed the paper with my key lime pie glimmer mist, used sandpapers to rough up the edges, I then used a slime green ink pad to ink the distressed edges.



Then I cut a corner from that black paper I had to have for all the tags, I went alont the long edge with my scallop wavy scissors. I had enough to make all 7 tags doing it this way and even had about 6 left to make  more tags.






I then used some embossing powder to go around the edges on the back of the tag.  I mixed together 2 colors of embossing powder, black and red dragon to get this effect.
 
I used some plainn black ribbon for the top and used those cool stickers to go over the ribbon. I then used a spare parts flower brad and stuck the keys I found on top that.
 
The Completed Tags:





























We had to create a pocket on the back with our info and I used a plain white bag and used my green stamp to color it and then to give it a distressed feel when over  the green with my black inkpad. I then cut some DRIPPY GOO out using the martha stewart drippy goo punch.




If you notice on my last tag swap I used a cute little cupcake at the top of my tags. I decided  to be "creative" and change the cupcake up to reflect the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment