Saturday, May 28, 2011

Before & After: My weight loss story

On November 1st, 2009 I finally bought a membership to 24 hour fitness in order to obtain a healthier lifestyle and my overall goal to lose weight. I tried to at home but it was easy to find excuses the machine broke or the most common one, I can't get a good workout with Lana at home and "trying" to work out with me. So I joined the gym who had free child care and began my  journey. I started this journey while working full-time, taking care of a child, and completing graduate school. If I can do it you can to! just take the time to put yourself first.

The pictures below are my before nad after photos. Went from 184lbs down 134lbs. From a 14/16 size in clothes to a size 6.


I now go to the gym 4-5 days a week. Or at least at try to. It took me from November 2009 to July of 2010 to lose the weight. I have kept it off for about a year now. I have increased my intensity of my cardio by now doing 2-4 spin classes a week in order to try and lose those last 10-15 lbs. I started spin classes back in January and have since become addicted to them. I absolutely love the feeling of a good sweat after a hard spin class. Along my initial weight loss journey I hired a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness who has since become a good friend, Shana Savitz. The picture below is of the two of us.
To stay motivated I love watching the biggest loser (one of my favorite tv shows) this helps me to keep motivated to go to the gym and to stay on track with eating. Shana also has a page on facebook called Chai Fitness where she posts challenges, pictures of clients training, healthy lifestyle tips, among other things, so be sure to check it out and like it on facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment