Monday, December 5, 2011

Slumber party cake

For my niece's 10th birthday party she had a slumber party, we had a BLAST! It was so fun. To celebrate her birthday of course she wanted AUNT MARIE to make the cake since I make the best cakes EVER.. (just kidding, Im not the best baker or cake decorator in the world but they are made with LOVE).


To make the cake I first put on one of my CUTE aprons! Today I chose the pink girly one.




Then I began to stack the cake. Sophia wanted half chocolate and half white cake.




To make it extra thick and the bed "super soft and comfy" I added a second layer. After all you have to have a box springs and mattress. LOL




Then I placed the twinkies on top to see how many I could fit. In the wrappers I could only fit 8 but for some reason when I took them out of the wrappers and cut them in half I could fit 10 on there, which was perfect since there were 10 girls at the slumber party.




For the pillows I used marshmallows. I simply cut them in half.




Made teal blue frosting for the bed.






-

Lana wanted to help, so she used the fondant tool to help "iron the bedspread" and make it  nice and smooth.




I left a little strip in the middle of the cake to put the twinkies, this way it doesnt use more icing since I was running low. LOL.




I then placed the twinkies on top.



Then I put more icing over the twinkies and smoothed it out. It was at this step that I turned around to  make the pink icing and I hear a LOUD SCREAM from Lana. I turned around to see what was wrong and she said, "what are you doing your suffocating them!"pointing to my cake. I said lana that is just their bodies under that blanket I havent put the heads on LOL.








I then scored the twinkie bodies with my knife, then smoothed them down.




I added the marshmallow pillows and started adding the heads







The fun blanket decortions I made a fun pink color












The BIRTHDAY GIRL! She Loved her Cake!
















The cake was a success. Most of the girls wanted to eat their heads LOL. so they got picked off.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: